NDHA student Scholarships sponsored by
For more information please click image above.
- 1st Year - Enrolled in first year of an accredited dental hygiene Program
- 2nd Year - Enrolled in second year of an accredited dental hygiene Program
- Mary Hawkins - Student residing in the host state of the NDHA Convention each year (1st or 2nd year student).
- Non-Traditional - Student has completed a degree and returning/enrolled in a accredited dental hygiene school and 1st or 2nd year.
- Albreta Merritt - Student with next highest committee score. Applicant can be from any of above categories.
- Grad Scholarship - NDHA member for 3 concurrent yrs., enrolled in an accredited Master's or Doctoral program ( Admin, Ed, Science and/or Public Health )
Our Scholarship Goals
- To improve the standard of quality while increasing accessibility to oral healthcare throughout the country
- To increase the number of African American/African descent dental hygienists
- To increase the delivery of dental hygiene service in communities previously under-served
- To provide scholarships for students demonstrating true financial need
- To promote the highest educational standards for the dental hygienist
- To provide mentoring for African American/African descent dental hygiene students
- To promote autonomous regulation of dental hygiene education, licensure, and practice
- To increase the membership base of the NDHA